[talk-au] Nambour/Sunshine Coast Mapping Party

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Wed Jul 29 05:13:59 BST 2009

On Wednesday, 29 July, 2009, at 11:47AM, "John Smith" <delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Not entirely your fault and it's been an ongoing argument of maillists in general for a decade or more.
>
> Just hit reply to all.

Reply to list?  Unfortunately most non-Unixy/open-source mail clients don't support that, and some of the open-source ones don't as well (e.g. Thunderbird). It doesn't work properly when something is cross-posted to multiple mailing lists, but I'm yet to see something which does apart from reply-to-all which means people end up with several copies.

I think that argument has been going on ever since mailing lists were invented, and closely follows the top/bottom posting argument.