[talk-au] Putting things into perspective...

Jeff Price jeff.price at rocketmail.com
Thu Jul 30 00:00:31 BST 2009

Its for this reason that I often ponder the realistic long term coverage OSM can expect for Australia and other low density locations.  There are just some many km's of stuff to map that starting from a blank canvas for the majority of towns out there can be overwhelming, expensive(fuel), and not environmentally sound (if by car purely to do a gps trace or field audit).  Yes it can be rewarding when see it take shape, but still a big ask.  For similar reasons I have been slowly chasing local government mapping data so that we can at least fill in a few blanks on the canvas (even if its not 100% correct) so that people can invest time into making it better instead of making it exist.

Jeff.