[talk-au] Extracting Map data for Australian cities

John Smith delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 01:11:46 BST 2009

--- On Thu, 30/7/09, Kamran Shafi <kamran.shafi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for a quick response. Actually I am trying to
> build an offline routing application for which I need only
> one city's map data only. Unfortunately, Osmosis has
> refused to recognise any commandline options. Unless there
> is any other tool I am thinking of writing my own to
> extract this data from Australia.osm. Do I have better
> options?

Any particular reason you are looking to build yet another routing solution?

As for osmosis, there needs to be some environmental variables put in place, are you calling it via the batch file? In my case shell script, but same thing...

./bin/osmosis --read-xml file='australia-oceania.osm.bz2' --bounding-box left=110 right=155 top=-10 bottom=-45 --apply-change --write-xml file='australia.osm.bz2'