[talk-au] Mapping things by importance

Delta Foxtrot delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 9 09:50:51 BST 2009

--- On Mon, 8/6/09, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> we spent quite a few hours on the road over the last two
> days and about 600km to cover 4 different towns,
> concentrating on town roads and names, then points of
> interest.

Does anyone have a list of things, to plot out on maps in order of priority, from a GPS logging perspective?

Am I right in thinking the following:
* that major roads should/would have the highest priority
* then town streets
* minor out lying roads, rivers/streams, railways
* street names
* points of interest
* place naming (eg type of shop)
* street numbering

Did I leave anything out?

I guess the order of importance may differ for non-GPS sources, but I haven't put any thought into that.