[talk-au] Roads that follow ABS suburb boundaries

Delta Foxtrot delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 16:11:30 BST 2009

--- On Mon, 15/6/09, b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au <b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au> wrote:

> Ok, I split the ABS boundary way as
> needed and added highway=tertiary to it. This is what has
> been done with the rivers in the area which follow ABS
> boundaries.
>
> Can somebody confirm that this was the correct course of
> action?

I don't know if it's the correct course of action, but I've made similar changes where the ABS data was close enough since it reduces the number of nodes, plus the ABS info usually has more points to begin with and so is more smooth...

It handy for doing big stretches in western areas of railway lines, some lines have shifted or been straighted but the majority don't seem to have changed much since they were first laid.