[talk-au] Hi all ...

Delta Foxtrot delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 13:38:47 BST 2009

--- On Wed, 17/6/09, Dan O'Hara <ohara5 at homemail.com.au> wrote:

> As a total newbie to this I was
> advised to use Potlatch
> as it was seen to be the easiest.  I understand that
> JOSM and
> mercaator(sp?) are more sophisticated eg do proper

Mercator is a projection, how to turn a sphere like object into a flat one.

> roundabouts, but I wanted to
> graduate first!  Also, I can not load (or view) maps
> from osm.org for some
> reason - I have to download or access OSM maps from other
> sources.

Have you tried pinging the website and/or check firewall/filtering rules?

Actually how are you accessing potlatch if you can't view OSM maps?

> cases.  Can JOSM
> and Mercaator do this type of tidying up? Perhaps I should
> move in while still
> wearing my "L"s?

I did and it is so much more efficent to use than potlatch, bit of a learning curve but if you are keen and plan to do this for a while it's well worth the jump.

> Ps what's keepright?

OSM map that shows mapping errors...

http://keepright.x10hosting.com/report_map.php

It'll default to somewhere in Victoria, but I bookmarked a re-centred link for my local area...