[talk-au] How many points are too few to upload?

Delta Foxtrot delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 00:52:07 BST 2009

I recently modified an app I made which can be used to prove you weren't speeding if you get pinged incorrectly by cops.

Long story short, if accepted/enabled by the user, an anonymised version of their GPX file ends up on OSM, another app someone else made does something similar.

However if people only run the app for a short time you get very small, possibly useless data being uploaded to OSM, on the other hand you can get 10,000+ point files being uploaded as well and I need to run gpsbabel over the file before uploading it.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces/tag/automatic_upload

72 uploads in 12 hours, give or take...