[talk-au] Uploading traces (Was; Hi all ...)

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Thu Jun 18 03:35:30 BST 2009

> --- On Wed, 17/6/09, Ross Scanlon <info at 4x4falcon.com> wrote:
>> Generally it was directed at the comment "should upload
>> ....", made
>> without anything to back it up and also rhetorical.
>> Just because some
>> think they should be uploaded does not mean everyone wants,
>> or has, to.
>

> Should doesn't mean the same thing as must, I didn't say you must upload,
> I said you should (for the greater good).

No kidding, I'm well aware of the difference betweend should and must.
You did not say anything about the greater good and I've yet to see any
reason that it is for the greater good.

Arguments over being able to create a more accurate map when we are
talking sub 2m distances in most cases are irrelevant.  That's the
distance between one gps and the other on one of my vehicles and not even
the width of most roads.

--
Cheers
Ross