[talk-au] school zones

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 05:50:14 BST 2009

How accurate are you wanting to go? To be truly accurate, you're going
to need to take weekends and school holidays into account as well.

Actually, on a serious note, I'd love to have a routing algorithm that
avoids schools during child dropoff and pickup hours when possible.  I
don't mind the slowing down bit, it's the waiting 10 minutes while the
school empties out across the road, playing russian roulette with
triple parked parents in 4WD's and dodging school buses that seem to
have forgotten they have indicators that bugs me.

Stephen