[talk-au] General mapping question :)

Jason Stirk jstirk at oobleyboo.com
Fri Jun 26 03:39:04 BST 2009

(To the list this time...)

Not sure if this applies, but in many rural areas you'll find that public
roads may be through gates marked as private property.

For instance, the road I live on passes through private property, has an
(open) gate marked as private property, but this road is the only access to
a few other properties behind it.

I've also run into a few instances quite literally out the back of Bourke...
150Km along the 300Km Wilcannia-Bourke track to see a fence warning it's
private property and trespassers will be shot at. It's still the main public
road though...

That said, none of that helps your tagging quandary...