[talk-au] suburb boundaries import

Ben Kelley ben.kelley at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 19:26:57 GMT 2009

Hi.

2009/3/8 Franc Carter <franc.carter at gmail.com>

> I assumed it is copyrighted however, so not a valid source for OSM ;-(

Yes I agree. Given the complicated nature of the boundary in this area
(according to the Lands dept) I don't think copying their data without
permission is a good idea (and their license would not allow this).

The ABS boundary does actually disagree with the street signs though, so
when the import is complete (it only has the relation for the suburb on one
side of the boundary at present) I'll probably move it to be mid-way between
the streets. This is a good approximation of the current "local knowledge".

- Ben Kelley.