[talk-au] suburb boundaries

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 02:36:56 GMT 2009

[snip]

> That made a serious difference the the speed of things, wow.

Yep, latency is really nasty for this sort of thing

> Now to resolve the differences between my own boundary work and the ABS
> stuff in northern adelaide, and at a first glance I must say I'm glad I
> told you to upload the data anyway, because there's a couple of places
> where I think the ABS is more correct than my results (and a few the
> other way also of course ;) Going to be fun correlating the
> two. :)

Yes, my head is spinning even from the small number of bit I have looked at.
A friend very conveniently recently moved to the street that appears to
define
a border in the area I am in. However here address is the 'other' suburb
from
what the ABS data says. To throw a spanner in the works the ABS data seem
very reasonable from my local knowledge, so the question is how to find out
which is 'right'

cheers

> --
>
> =b