[talk-au] Rivers

Delta Foxtrot delta_foxtrot at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 16:19:03 BST 2009

I recently started adding data to OSM, but one thing that caused me a little confusion was the fact that one of the towns I was mapping round has a river running through it, but there is no river plotted on the map, and now that I think about it some of the dams don't have rivers/water ways showing around them either.

It makes the map slightly disorientating since the water way is used as a major landmark etc.

I'm still scratching my head over the best way to map abandoned railway track, and have no idea where or how to best map water ways/rivers.