[talk-au] Rivers

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Fri May 22 07:13:14 BST 2009

Andy Owen <andy-osm at ultra-premium.com> wrote:
> I have a nokia n810 which I have used on foot to edit a map in the
> middle of the day.

I have one of these too, with mounts for the car and motorcycle. I
haven't yet sorted out a mount for the pushbike, but given that all
urban and suburban areas around me are already mapped I may never need
it.

> I used osm2go:
>
> http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/osm2go/

Thanks for this pointer. I've seen the program listed in the application
manager but never tried it until now. It's really good. I think I might
replace Maemo Mapper GPX tracks and lots of post-processing in JOSM with
osm2go.

> If you are a
> programmer, then you probably want one of these, otherwise, take my
> enthusiasm for it and halve it :)

I am a programmer, and I love my n810. I'd be a little reluctant to
recommend it to my Dad, for example, given the fiddling necessary to
really get the most out of the device. He, like most people, would also
want it to be a mobile phone. But for those that don't mind fiddling or
enjoy playing with gadgets, it's awesome and very capable.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au