[talk-au] Fords, Causeways, Piers, Wharfs, etc

b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au b.schulz.10 at scu.edu.au
Tue May 26 01:26:23 BST 2009

Hi there,

The maps produced by the NSW Department of Lands (now NSW Land and Property Information) calls them a "breakwater" in their map key. I've also seen the breakwater term used on warning sings and the like which are posted near said man-made rocky protrusions.

So, unless a different govt dept calls them something else that's probably the most "official" name for them in an Australian context.

Brent