[talk-au] Cheap data logger

Neal Schulz neal.schulz at internode.on.net
Sat May 30 03:12:20 BST 2009

Hi,

I have a QStarz BT-Q1000 and I just set it to log every 10m which also
avoids the multiple points while you are stationary problem. It logs
100,00 points and has a battery life of 36 Hours. There is obviously a
newer version (BT-Q1000X) but it seems compatible with the software I
uses (bt747) which allows you to set the "log every 10m" option. I
have used this device on Windows, Mac and Linux for grabbing the data.

I don't know for sure but it seems to use the MTK chipset so I
wouldn't write off any device using MTK - My device has been excellent
for logging OSM data and the accuracy has been excellent.

Neal