[talk-au] NearMap PhotoMap imagery for OSM

Michael spam-me at gmx-ist-cool.de
Thu Nov 5 08:12:39 GMT 2009

John Smith wrote:
> I know it's not a WMS service, but that's what JOSM refers to it as,
> their WMS plugin can load OSM tiles in the same way.

Nice. JOSM keeps learning new tricks all the time :-)

In the meantime, I have also created a patch for the slippymap plugin to
include NearMap per default. It is attached. The resulting plugin can be
found @ http://rapidshare.com/files/302644272/slippymap.jar.html

What I like about slippymap is that is zooms in and out as you move
about the map, where the WMS layer stays fixed at one zoom level.

Michael