[talk-au] New to mapping in Perth, WA

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 03:58:49 GMT 2009

2009/11/7 Liz <edodd at billiau.net>:
>> 5) Postcodes - I understand this is an ongoing project. As an example, see
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-31.9192&lon=116.1059&zoom=14
>> Darlington's postcode shows up, but Mahogony Creek's doesn't even though
>> the Administrative boundaries for both suburbs are part of relations
>> specifying the postcode.

Hmm must have missed this...

I coded up a page showing which postcodes are in the system, and which
have been verified:

http://map-data.bigtincan.com/postcodes.php

I also made a custom rendering style sheet to show this graphically:

http://maps.bigtincan.com/?z=4&ll=-28.228,134.963&layer=00B000000TT

Franc has turned ABS boundaries of postcode guesstimations into OSM
files which can be loaded in JOSM, they can be found here:

http://map-data.bigtincan.com/data/postcodes/