[talk-au] Building outlines: Include covered open areas?

Luke Woolley lswoolley at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 13:23:36 GMT 2009

Since the new NearMap imagery has been available to us, I have been adding a few building outlines here and there, but a scenario I come across often is whether I should include things such as pergolas, open air covered areas, carports, the shelters which covers the fuel pumps at servos and etc. Part of me says to mark them as a building, because it's a structure on the landscape and thus should not be excluded, but part of me says not to mark them, because they are technically not 'buildings'. What are our thoughts on this matter and who does what? Maybe they should be tagged as something else?