[talk-au] replacement bicycle mounted gps

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Wed Nov 18 09:17:09 GMT 2009

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009, edodd at billiau.net wrote:
> i think i have left my garmin etrex cx in the hotel in melbourne.
> in which case, its gone.
>
> what are people's favourites for a bicycle mounted gps with display which
> shows OSM maps?
>
> other criteria....
> good accuracy
> value for $
> ability to use as gps source for navit when in motor vehicle
>
> Liz

Today's technological disaster was knocking the coffee over the mobile phone
in Temora. It restarted, and I left it to bake on the dash.
It is a $70 phone calls and sms model

now if i buy a wonder phone
with gps and a colour screen blah blah
it would be tax deductible

it needs to be able to run open source stuff
have some decent battery life (that's the freerunner's downfall)
and does not need to have a camera
GSM band

now what would people suggest, assuming I buy a RAM mount to hold it on a
bicycle?