[talk-au] Tagging the little joiner road bits on a dual carriage way

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 21 03:02:36 GMT 2009

I should probably know how to do this, but's what's the accepted
technique for tagging the u-turn points and the like in a dual carriage
way? I think they shoud probably be just little links between both ways,
probably of the same highway type as the road they are linking, but they
are nameless.

A little ascii art to illustrate the problem:

   |b      |c
   |       |
   |   a    |
   |-------|
   |       |
   |       |
   |       |
   |       |

So b and c are the parallel ways, and a is the linker road.

Mostly, I think it's done making the linker bit either tagged as
primary_link, secondary_link or just tertiary/residential.

Now we have some decent hi-res imagery courtesy of nearmap, it's a lot
easier to locate these linker ways

Matt