[talk-au] sea.img for Sydney

Ben benedikt at cortado.de
Mon Nov 23 04:20:27 GMT 2009

After some failed attempts to render sea polygons for Australia using
"mkgmap --generate-sea",
I tried to get the desired result using shapefiles (thanks John Smith,
for the suggestion).
Although I didnt manage converting it for larger regions, I finally got
a decent result for Syndey and a few km north.

As this makes the map on the GPSr so much better readable, I thought Id
share this for others in the region.
Feel free to download the file from here: box.net/maps

If someone was successful using "mkgmap --generate-sea" for Australia
(or parts of), please let me know!

Cheers,
Ben