[talk-au] new toy found by son

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:22:15 BST 2009

2009/10/1 Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net>:

>> The higher the gain the better the accuracy etc, most GPS antenna are
>> tiny so if you make a massive one you should get good readings :)
> because he wants a degree in surveying, that's why
> so he has to produce something new / different

Oh that's easy then, get him to figure out how to semi-sync with the
secondary GPS frequency, which is what high end surveying equipment
does, you don't need to lock onto the signal, just get close enough to
calculate the atmospheric effects on the L1 signal, and do it cheaply
enough we can get less than 1m accuracy with consumer grade kit :D