[talk-au] New CC-BY datasets due Monday 28 September on Government 2.0 Taskforce website

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Fri Oct 2 11:33:22 BST 2009

On 30/09/2009, at 10:25 PM, Emilie Laffray wrote:
> I really like to see the vegetation cover and the forest!! What are
> they? Shapefiles? If they are shapefiles, they come with their own
> projection files and therefore can be easily converted into another
> coordinate using ST_Transform inside Postgis.

At least some of them can be converted with shp2osm[0]. I converted
the World Heritage Area file on my machine, and just uploaded one of
the areas[1]. Does it look okay to people? If so, I'll go ahead and do
the rest of the WHA data.

I also added a note to the new data.australia.gov.au wiki page[2] that
Hugh created.

[0] http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/import/shp2osm/shp2osm.pl
[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/2709838
[2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Data.australia.gov.au_projects