[talk-au] New CC-BY datasets due Monday 28 September on Government 2.0 Taskforce website

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Fri Oct 2 11:48:12 BST 2009

On 02/10/2009, at 8:42 PM, John Smith wrote:
> 2009/10/2 James Livingston <doctau at mac.com>:
> With the current tags you've used it probably won't render, since it's
> a national park you're going to get into the whole is it natural=wood,
> or landuse=forest type debate, I think both get rendered as a green
> shaded area...

The Maria Island NP (http://osm.org/go/uIcw8R7-) seems to render with
a boundary=national_park multipolygon. Assuming that it doesn't need
to be on a multipolygon relation if it can be done as a closed way, I
would imagine it should work.

Google's satellite imagery would suggest that that NP had a dearth of
trees, so natural=wood or natural=forest wouldn't really be appropriate.