[talk-au] New CC-BY datasets due Monday 28 September on Government 2.0 Taskforce website

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Fri Oct 2 12:26:45 BST 2009

On 02/10/2009, at 8:50 PM, Emilie Laffray wrote:
> Regarding tags, when we worked on the Corine import in France, we
> set up a page on the wiki where people were making their
> suggestions. We then had a small debate on what was better and then
> we voted.

Indeed, hence my "I've uploaded a polygon, what do people think" post :)

Since the WHA data is relatively simple (16 areas, although some are
multiolygon) I figured I just upload one and see what people thought.
If anyone think there are missing tags, or I've done it wrong, feel
free to edit it.

> And no, I am trying to preach anything here. I am just explaining
> how we proceeded on the French mailing list. It took us several
> months to end up completing the upload. And it is still uploading.

I imagine we'd be doing much the same for any of the more complicated
datasets, like the QLD castradal data