[talk-au] New CC-BY datasets due Monday 28 September on Government 2.0 Taskforce website

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:25:44 BST 2009

2009/10/3 Brendan Morley <morb.gis at beagle.com.au>:
> How do you mean "consumed"?

Some land owners have taken over the land when it's probably still
crown land. For example:

http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&ll=-26.158115,152.64636&spn=0.007184,0.013937&z=17

Horswoord Road mostly doesn't exist, yet the land isn't listed as a
property boundary at all, so the land has probably been squatted by
nearby land owners.

> Is this related to the comment you made on my diary entry at
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/morb_au/diary/8140 ?

Yup, the errors are based on paper boundaries verse real world boundaries.

> I've also added my own tagging examples at a new page at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Data.australia.gov.au/Queensland if that
> helps.

You have been busy :)