[talk-au] New CC-BY datasets due Monday 28 September on Government 2.0 Taskforce website

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 03:33:29 BST 2009

2009/10/4 James Livingston <doctau at mac.com>:
> Right, so it turns out that my randomly chosen one was a complete
> fluke - in most cases the World Heritage Areas and the National Parks
> don't have the same boundaries. There is however a proposed tagging
> scheme for UNESCO World Heritage areas/places, which will obviously be
> useful.

Most of it seems sane, except for my comment below...

> So for tagging, how about something like the following, with follow-up
> work to check if the other WHAs are National Park boundaries too.

> whc:criteria=7;8

<snip>

> whc:criteria=8;9

This isn't a comment about what you have done, so please don't be
offended, but I don't like it when multiple values are jammed into one
field, it may be ok for human readability but I'd need to look up what
7, 8 and 9 are to know so it really isn't that human readable either.
Not to mention that it becomes a nightmare if you ever want to do
something sane with the data.

I feel/think something better should be done, eg

whc:criteria:7=yes
whc:criteria:8=yes
whc:criteria:9=yes