[talk-au] Why not to change coastlines automatically to ABS data.

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Tue Oct 6 13:02:04 BST 2009

On 05/10/2009, at 3:59 PM, Ross Scanlon wrote:
> So PLEASE look at the sat photos and already entered data before you
> go removing the coastline and using the ABS data automatically as
> the coastline.

As a +1 comment, I'd also like to note that in many places the ABS
follow the sand->grass/tree/dirt line, rather than the high-tide line
that natural=coastline is supposed to represent. If there is a place
where the ABS data is a consistently a bit inland of the PGS data for
a stretch, check if it's a beach.