[talk-au] natural=land v natural=coastline

Jim Croft jim.croft at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 14:37:31 BST 2009

For OSM purposes (as opposed to general mapping) the answer should not
be complicated.  If at high tide you drive into the water, you have
driven over a functional coast into the sea... :)

Of course, this won't work for mariners and lawyers... :)

My favourite estuary is the Fly River in PNG.  It just gets gradually
wider and wider and wider.  Somewhere the river becomes the ocean.
And there is no way to tell where it happens...

jim