[talk-au] Why not to change coastlines automatically to ABS data.

swanilli swanilli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 23:31:23 BST 2009

I would be cautious about preferencing "survey" and satellite/aerial
photography data over ABS.

I have found errors in both of these. Survey data from GPS seems at times to
have been either traced pooly from gpx tracks or based on innacurate
position data, especially where there are tall objects like buildings and
hills nearby. Similarly, imagery can be misleading when there is vegetation,
like mangroves on the shore, not to mention to low resolution of the yahoo
imagery itself.