[talk-au] Mapping railway lines

Greg Harper geharper at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 11:04:29 BST 2009

I have had success with the bullet train from Osaka to Tokyo and Tokyo to
Narita. I had my GPS (Garmin Vista, which I have upgraded to a Vista HCX) on
the window shelf, and got good accuracy. The only problem I had was the
numerous tunnels!

Here's my trace from Tokyo to Narita.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Rikki/traces/69198

It's certainly worth having your GPS, and next to the window if you are
doing the trip.

Cheers,
Greg