[talk-au] Correct attribution for Queensland CC-BY datasets

Brendan Morley morb.gis at beagle.com.au
Thu Oct 8 14:42:08 BST 2009

Talking about the appropriate attribution,

The http://data.australia.gov.au/152 webpage indicates the citation as "Queensland Department of Environment and Resource Management".  This is
incorrect and DERM is actually chasing up the website editor to get things changed.  (Trust a "gov2.0" initiative to respond at web 1.0 speeds.)

Just to confirm, the correct minimum attribution is "State of Queensland (Department of Environment and Resource Management) 2009" for the following
datasets:

Property Boundaries Annual Extract Queensland (Lite DCDB)
    Original dataset home page: http://data.australia.gov.au/152

Local Government Boundaries Annual Extract Queensland
    Original dataset home page: http://data.australia.gov.au/157

Surface Water Gauging Stations Queensland
    Original dataset home page: http://data.australia.gov.au/148

Groundwater Observation Bore Sites
    Original dataset home page: http://data.australia.gov.au/142

Drainage Basins Queensland
    Original dataset home page: http://data.australia.gov.au/134

Queensland Wetlands Mapping  Estates Layer including National Parks, Conservation Areas & Forest Reserves
    Original dataset home page: http://data.australia.gov.au/127

Queensland Wetlands Data  Wetlands
    Original dataset home page: http://data.australia.gov.au/119

Queensland Wetlands Mapping  Streams
    Original dataset home page: http://data.australia.gov.au/97 or http://data.australia.gov.au/114

There might be an equivalent problem with the other state and territory datasets but I would need to hase up to confirm.

Thanks,
Brendan (morb_au)