[talk-au] navit files

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:27:56 BST 2009

I've been looking over the navit code and have made some minor tweaks to
suite me.
My first guess is that the issue might be able to be worked around by
changing the order
that osm2navit looks at properties - e.g making ti look at decide these are
roads instead
of boundaries.

Of course this will mean boundaries will disappear in those places.

Solving it properly will probably be trickier. I'll have a look at it on the
weekend.

cheers

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/10/13 Elizabeth Dodd <edodd at billiau.net>:
> > On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, John Smith wrote:
> >> This is really a bug in their software, specifically the osm2navit
> >> binary, it would be better to file a bug and get them to fix the issue
> >> rather than trying to work around their bugs.
> >>
> >> Have you filed a bug report for this at all?
> > I've sat on irc for nearly a week waiting for some action to discuss it
> their
> > irc channel first
> > as i also wanted to talk about the strange computed routes i was getting
>
> Pretty sure I had the same issue when I tried to report their routing
> engine was screwy too.
>
> Alternatively there is plan B, there is a number of people on this
> list that can code, and even more on the dev list, I'm sure between us
> we can cook up a suitable patch. Is anyone familiar with the osm2navit
> code at all?

Franc