[talk-au] navit files

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:37:58 BST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 9:55 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/10/13 Franc Carter <franc.carter at gmail.com>:
> >
> > I've been looking over the navit code and have made some minor tweaks to
> > suite me.
> > My first guess is that the issue might be able to be worked around by
> > changing the order
> > that osm2navit looks at properties - e.g making ti look at decide these
> are
> > roads instead
> > of boundaries.
> >
> > Of course this will mean boundaries will disappear in those places.
>
> I wonder if it's possible to duplicate the object to break it up into
> 2 objects instead of one, and strip appropriate tags from the
> respective objects.

Yep, that's the 'correct' solution that I am assuming, without having
actually delved
in to the code at the moment. It's been a *long* time seince I was a real
developer,
so most of my approaches tend to be aimed at getting stuff to work the way I
want.
So, unless it's easier than I am expecting I'll probably go for the 'it
works' solution
(obviously not expecting the patch to be accepted)

--
Franc