[talk-au] Routable Garmin Maps for NSW

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:41:47 BST 2009

A while back I could download the zip file for NSW from osmaustralia.org,
unzip it rename the img file to gmapsupp.img,
copy it onto the Garmin Nuvi and I would have routable osm maps on the
Garmin,

Recently when I do this the maps are not routable at all and when you try to
set a route, it just sets off "cross country"

Am I doing somnething wrong? Do the overview and TDB files come into it
somehow?
And still, poi searching is fine but street names are not.

PS - is navit useful yet  (maybe with some decent voice commands).

I'll have to check out Gosmore as well to see if it has improved voice
commands.

Cheers
Nick