[talk-au] highway=living_street - what do people think?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 07:32:25 BST 2009

2009/10/16 John Henderson <snowgum at gmx.com>:
> I note that living_street isn't listed in the Australian tagging
> guidelines - hence my query.

99.999% of the time you should only use the Map Features page for
specific tags, the Aussie Tagging Guidelines is more to do with
translating from UK/Euro speak into Aussie, rather than defining our
own tags.

>From what I've seen in emails from those living in UK/Europe, living
streets seem to be common there, but seem fairly rare here. I've
marked one street as living street where pedestrians have more right
of way than cars:

http://osm.org/go/ueTQqmgH8--