[talk-au] How to combine img files

swanilli swanilli at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 01:14:11 BST 2009

Have a look at http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Maps#toc20

I have a Garmin 300 and my method is to send the map to the unit using
Mapsource, check that it is there (requires disconnection from your PC) and
then reconnect and rename the gmapsupp.img to something else, say
gmapsuppNSW.img. Then upload the next set of maps and repeat the process. I
have about 10 sets of maps this way on the 300.

If that does not work for your 60csx, you might try GMapTool (
http://www.anpo.republika.pl/download.html) which allows you to split and
recombine map files. If the 60csx only takes one gmapsupp.img you can use
GMapTool to combine all maps into one file. I found it more reliable to
split downloaded combined filed (usually named gmapsupp.img) into individual
tiles before recombining but try it both ways.