[talk-au] How to combine img files

John Henderson snowgum at gmx.com
Sat Oct 17 03:38:27 BST 2009

Gavin Scott wrote:
> I would like to send more than one routable map from this site
> http://www.osmaustralia.org/garminroute.php to my gps 60csx at the same
> time so I can display more than one state at a time - I live on the
> border of one of the tiles.

Have you tried using IMG2GPS as per this page:
http://www.osmaustralia.org/howto.php

When I used it to combine those maps into an Australia-wide map, I just
ticked all the state maps in the IMG2GPS program.  I hasten to add that
I never tested the result near a border.

Then I discovered the Linux mkgmap program and use that now.  In fact, I
download australia-oceania.osm.bz2 from
http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/ and make an Oceania map from that
using my own style files.

I make a normal routable version and a bicycle specific routable version.

John