[talk-au] ?WinCE program

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Oct 19 10:48:44 BST 2009

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, John Smith wrote:
> 2009/10/19 Liz <edodd at billiau.net>:
> > does anyone recognise the directory structure?
>
> Looks similar to a uniden one I've played with.
>
> > does anyone know if gosmore or navit or other program can be persuaded to
> > work on one of these machines?
>
> It's windows, you'd be better off looking at something like traveling
> salesman or whatever the win app is, no idea if they put out a port
> for wince.

$ wine ~/mapping/Route66/Navigate7.exe
Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (ARM)
Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (ARM)
wine: could not load L"Z:\\home\\Liz\\mapping\\Route66\\Navigate7.exe": Bad
EXE format for
Liz at mum-quad:~$ err:menubuilder:init_xdg error looking up the desktop
directory

architecture ARM suggests WinCE??
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Routing/OfflineRouters
suggests that gosmore, navit, traveling salesman, roadmap, gpsmid
may work
as the exe file is on the sd card it seems to me that i can try quite a few