[talk-au] Garmin Handheld with osm and shonkymaps

Ross Scanlon info at 4x4falcon.com
Fri Oct 23 04:37:48 BST 2009

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that.

Most of the areas we are intending on travelling to at the moment have
little or no osm coverage, even the roads.

So the 4x4 will have the vehicle pc with osm and topo maps on gpsdrive and
the hand held will have shonkymaps, which are similar to the topomaps on
the 4x4, and what osm data that is there.

>From these two we will probably go with the 76Csx, which can be bought
cheaper than a 60Csx at the moment.

Now the next question, how big (8Gb, 16Gb) a microSD card can these use.
I can see no info in the specs and none of the retailers show this either.

Cheers
Ross

--
Cheers