[talk-au] Garmin Handheld with osm and shonkymaps

Ben benedikt at cortado.de
Fri Oct 23 10:57:19 BST 2009

Ross,

yes, the logs are in gpx format, but I think the author of the quoted
sentence didnt have microSD capacities in mind as we now can buy.
With a 16GB card, you will hit file system limitations sooner that size
limits.

The limitation in regards to the number of files happens when logging to
the microSD.
Using photobank, you should be able come around the limit of 255 files
by deleting the tracks saved to the card on the Garmin after backup
(thats the only thing what you can do with those tracklogs directly on
the device)
However, a month without "maintenance" shouldnt be a problem.
Avoiding to switch off the device for short periods saves one file each.

-Ben