[talk-au] How to tag a non-existent road

Evan Sebire evan at sebire.org
Mon Oct 26 07:04:08 GMT 2009

I had thought the main reason for the non-existent tag was when importing data
from government sources.  If OSM ever get a licensed copy of the vic data (
http://www.land.vic.gov.au ) similar to the data google used this tag would be
very useful.  This is the main reason no-one uses google/Sensis(UBD) maps in
Melbourne, they are crap because they include all the non-existent roads.
This database keeps track of land uses, not if it is actually exists.
If this data was to be regularly imported (every 6 months) it would be useful
to know the non-existent roads so they are not re-established.

This tag could be quite useful in the future, and to have everyone using the
same tag for non-existent roads is useful.   Currently there are tags in the
map that I have no-idea why they exist.  Non-existent being documented is a
bonus!

Evan