[talk-au] post code boundaries

Franc Carter franc.carter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:59:00 BST 2009

I had made the assumption based on a small(ish) sample of postcodes in major
cities
that for the ABS data set, that the boundaries between adjacent postcodes
were
coincident with boundaries between suburns (sorry for the mouthful).

I noted several suburbs that consisted of disjoint areas, so I would assume
that postcodes
could be the same (I'd even expect this to be more common).

Have you found cases where the postcode boundaries don't lie on top of the
suburb
boundaries ? (which would make the problem even uglier)

cheers

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:50 PM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> is it thought that we can draw boundaries around unique post code areas?
> we could be wrong
> 2652 (i've been cheating off the database)
> extends merriwagga > goolgowi > tabbita > boorga
> and then reappears in another area
> grong grong > matong > (skips a few towns) > marrar > mangoplah > old junee
> then south of the Sturt
> tarcutta > uranquinty > boree creek
> and just east of wagga
> gumly gumly