[talk-au] Draft association rules + LC page

James Livingston doctau at mac.com
Thu Sep 3 11:52:21 BST 2009

On 25/08/2009, at 7:46 PM, John Smith wrote:

> I've setup a brief outline for setting up an Australian chapter page
> here:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Australia
>
> I've also taken the association rules from the Wikimedia association
> of Australia and modified it for use with OSM-F.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/Australia/Draft_Rules

Somehow I managed not to actually send my response, oops.

* Which Model Rules are these based on? It may have changed, but a
while ago there were subtle differences in Model Rules between states.
* 21.3b says there are two ordinary committee members but 23.1 says
there are three
* What exactly does "commercial mapping entity" mean for the purposes
of 4?
* Not that it would be like likely, but if 8.7 is invoked, how does
the "secret ballot" in 8.8d work with proxy votes allowed by 8.9 and
telecommunication/electronic involvement?
* "Special Resolution" is mentioned several times but not defined,
which I assume means it is defined in the various state acts and is
for things like changing the association's constitution/articles/rules/
whatever. If one is proposed the General Meeting can't be held by
telecommunication/electronic means, what do we expect to happen in
this situation?

With respect to the membership fees from your other email, if normal
membership is $20 do we need a concession rate? I'm not  saying we
shouldn't have one, just that the $10 difference would be a whole lot
of money, even for poor students, and that it avoids us then having to
figure out who exactly is eligible.