[talk-au] bus_stop further details

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 23:54:14 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Hugh Barnes <list.osm at hughbris.com> wrote:

> I think
> it's a good scheme we should adopt. (This is a good place to start
> reading more: http://blog.geofabrik.de/?p=23)

Cool, thanks.

> Putting the "stop area" proposal aside, should things like rubbish bins
> be separate nodes? Most of the stops I've tagged haven't been done like
> this, but David Dean helped me see the light. Bins are useful for
> everyone, not just bus stop users. Also, they are more likely to render
> or be detected if we use the most common form (though arguably that's
> tagging for the renderer, I think it's more like a fortunate side
> effect).

Yeah I know what you mean. But when the waste_basket is bolted to the
bus_stop sign (often is in Brisbane), the nodes would be literally on
top of each other. And yes, bins are useful for everyone, but if
someone does a POI search, the application would just need to retrieve
amenity=waste_basket as well as waste_basket=yes nodes.

I'm still undecided.