[talk-au] Our own satellite imagery?

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.com.au
Sat Sep 19 07:51:01 BST 2009

Liz wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009, Matt wrote and John Smith copied:
>
>>> Either way, the big issue in Australia is trying to get people invloved
>>> in the regional areas, as it's just not feasible for us city folk to leg
>>> it 400km on the weekend to map a town.
>>>

> 400km - do you think that's far?
> but points of interest get further apart so I can drive that far easily
> and map a place on the other end of the route
>
> Seriously I have several times done a more than 1000km round trip for the
> purpose of mapping, and enjoying Australia too.

Not far, but given the first 80km is in traffic, it's time consuming.... :)

I think my best is probably only 650km is a single trip - mostly driven
by the need to refuel the beast more than anything else, well, that and
the road I tend to map really have a top speed of about 60km given the
surface and windy-ness