[talk-au] Australian version of JOSM

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Sep 19 07:55:45 BST 2009

If we had an english-AU version of JOSM, we could have our own 'presets' file
so we wouldn't have Baby Hatch as an amenity, and we could have some other
useful things, including 4wd_only on the presets.

I'm no great coder, it is xml, and I have just realised that this is an
opportunity to have the tags we like in AU ready to use with our own
definitions, in JOSM

http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/TaggingPresets

http://www.christeck.de/wp/2009/09/02/maintaining-josm-presets/

while an individual can maintain their own set of presets
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/2551

I think the real advantage would be in Australianising JOSM.