[talk-au] Brisbane Mapping Partys: October + Date Claim for November

David Dean ddean at ieee.org
Sun Sep 20 14:31:47 BST 2009

Brisbane mappers (and other interested parties),

I have arranged two more OpenStreetMap meetups for October and November
respectively.

The October will be a social pub meet at the Breakfast Creek Hotel on Friday
9th October to try and get together to discuss boring mapping stuff and
maybe collect some street numbers or something equally fun in a relatively
well mapped area. Details here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Brisbane/Mapping_Parties/2009-10

However, the November event should be awesome-fun, and I'm getting it out
their nice and early to make sure that no-one bothers to sign up until a
couple of days before it starts.

We are going to do catch a ferry across from Redland Bay to Macleay Island
and see how much of an entire island we can map in a single day. I haven't
completely organised everything at this stage, but I have put up the page
nice and early so everyone who is interested can hopefully clear out the day
on their calendar to come along. (Some) details are
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Brisbane/Mapping_Parties/2009-11 .

So, if you feel like some steak and beers and chatting about boring mapping,
I'll see you in 3 weeks. And if you want to get out there and complete a
nice definite mapping goal in one day, I'll see you in two months.

Have fun everyone, and please pass this message onto anyone you think might
be interested.

- David