[talk-au] TidyMyStreet

cam_daw at fastmail.fm cam_daw at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 24 02:59:19 BST 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:34 +1000, "John Smith"
<deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/9/24  <cam_daw at fastmail.fm>:
> > As I actually work for a council, and would very much like to start
> > using tidymystreet, can I make a few suggestions?
> > I'd like a date stamp when a bug is submitted, so that I can prioritise
> > jobs that need to be done.
>
> We store the time stamp of created/updated and we have a field in the
> DB for status but this also needs to be exposed, currently code is
> being added so people can subscribe to areas to receive notifications.
Lovely :)

> > And where possible, an address of properties that have graffiti.
>
> I would have thought GPS details would have been more important, you
> can always geocode the lat/lon to give you an address.
In some cases GPS details can be very useful, especially around parks.
But as it happens, when there's graffiti on private property, the
address of the property is far more useful than GPS location data.
- As for starters there are very few council / contractor staff that
have GPS units (and are able to use them).

... Now all I have to do is to get the last few remaining roads surveyed
within the Council I work for, and all the bus shelters too.
- In time it'll be done, as my OSM work is currently voluntary
out-of-work time.

  cam_daw at fastmail.fm